…efficacy, the curse

Dear Me,
Thought takes too much of my time and effort. I prefer to perform contortions to add to my list while I’m stuck in the sink.


I’ve been enamored with the idea of accomplishing more ever since I read Cheaper by the Dozen as a youth. I loved the vision of twelve little children jaunting through life inspired by efficiency! I experimented with better efficacy myself back then.

To me
Today, while cooking dinner, I was thinking ahead to what came next and I propped up the hand mixer while I assembled the other ingredients—and then spent the rest of the night cleaning the floor and ceiling. Yikes, Terina

I walked with my nose in a book, long before they had treadmills, to school and back. I ate food fast long before there was fast food. I still recall fondly my invention of the three-minute egg, tuna, and mac and cheese sandwich.

To me,
…so here I am, in the sink. This is where it’s all gotten me—my quest to be more efficient. Time is so elusive and I been consolidating tasks to have more time to be more efficient, but I really must be more selective about which jobs to combine. I can’t keep doing this!
The note that I jot to self: “Try to think ahead next time …”


I remember doing most of my homework while dashing to class and I wearing yesterday’s makeup and tomorrow’s clothing to bed so I could wake later, yet get to school earlier. I was a great thinker in high school, as a Senior![1]

To me,
… although how precisely, I came to be stuck in the bathroom sink is a mystery. I was washing my hair and brushing my teeth at the same time and under the faucet, somehow the toothbrush head jammed in my mouth while the handle got stuck in the overflow hole.
This is not the first time I’ve been stuck like this, so it must be a common occurrence for all of us. I want you to know that I share your pain. All choked up, Terina


Reality Bite: The efficient make everybody else look bad anyway, and we wouldn’t want that.

[1] Some things never change.

No comments: