…change


Once upon a time, I thought that if I couldn’t avoid the chaos completely, I could at the very least ease the topsy turvy tumult with careful plotting and judicious planning.

But, no, it seems that just as I manage to get my arms wrapped around the T-bar that grounds me, the ride takes off at a different speed, in an entirely new direction.

I must not complain. Stress is energizing! I work best under the influence of adrenaline. Boredom bores me! Having nothing that is dangerously foreboding or urgently pressing threatens my sanity!

My bold nature thrives on change and I am constantly racing toward it headlong. I am a thrill seeker, whose most daunting fear is repetition! It’s in my blood. Unfortunately it is also in the blood of my children.

Journal,
“Yet’s do it,” is the mantra of the four-year-old who can’t wait to bike to the top, slide to the bottom, nail this to that, then plug it in, and after that, "let’s mix it all together and see if it blows up. " What will I do when he’s a teen? T.

No comments: