…take a note

Dear me,
I can almost guarantee a volatile reaction if I infuse my boring life objectives (BLO) with unknown particles (UP). It creates so much instability that I’m always seeking the secret calming ingredient in this chemical equation, Ord2 (Order). Help, T.

In business, when demand exceeds expectation, it means an exciting opportunity. For me, higher demand only means greater expectations... of me, and that means I must become more organized. And that means more lists!

My daily goal is to become new and improved so every day I prioritize. My lists are titled with a Goal for the Day, a GFD, at the top of the list ... whenever I can locate the list.

To: momtwo@space.out
I find notes posted in the strangest of places, grocery lists inside the fridge, to-do’s written in lipstick on the mirror upstairs and a big red NO sign stuck to the treadmill that somehow migrated from the front of the television. I’m duly noting, Terina


I stick to only one GFD, goal for the day, even if it appears deceptively easy. I am aware that small tasks can act like those innocent toys that expand with water, rapidly growing out of control and then they take over my world!

To: yodell@clean.out
I encourage the children to drop the expandable toy in the water the day before the trash man is scheduled, so that when the slime outgrows every bowl in the house and I have to grapple it out the back door to the garbage can, at least the monster hasn’t grown bigger than the bag.
It may still be a source of suspicion to the trash man, but he’s learned that “to open is to unleash.” Whatever works…T.


The concept of aiming toward only one target leaves me open and available to block and deflect the wayward barrage from unforeseen areas. I plan a frontal defense, and as predicted, I’m usually attacked from the flank. Unfortunately, after such a bombardment I often discover that I’ve abandoned my GFD, but I don’t usually remember until midnight when there’s a lull in the action.

To: realmom@time.out
Remember the GFD for today? I didn’t. I remembered as I was re- grouping with my head stuck in the sink. I'm sorry, but I've decided to forgo the hospital and consider the flowers a nice gift to myself. I’ll bring bread to you when you are all home tomorrow. Tomorrow will be much better because if I'm figuring this correctly, today’s G.F.D. will have been done yesterday!

Reality Bite: I’m busy doing it all and accomplishing nothing.

No comments: