…downtime

My lists now begin with the Goal for the Day, but if I’m not watchful, the number one priority is buried under the scribbled distractions of the rest of life. I use these added intrusions for a calculated purpose to accomplish one thing … to prevent, to intrude upon and to inhibit my strongest inclination—to sleep!

To: thatsritch@take.out
Why is it that if I’m not moving at a frantic pace, I’m sitting with a faux wide-eyed, albeit blank, expression. My legs and arms are askew and I’m asleep.
I’ve been caught snoring in school pick-up lanes, in the bathtub, at team sporting events, in the flower bed, and today, under the desk in the den. Yawn, T.

I’m reminded again and again of the importance of taking time out for one’s self. When I’m cleaning, I take my time-outs in ten-minute increments, a quick nap now and then between the bed and the wall before anyone discovers and extracts me, or sometimes I slip behind the bath curtain while scrubbing the tub.

To: thatsritch@take.out
My most enjoyable moments are the times I spend communing with the bathroom sink. I got stuck in there again today, just thinking. Hummmm, T.

No comments: